Module 3: Principles for Accessible Education
- Biggs, J. (2014). Constructive alignment in university teaching. HERDSA Review of Higher Education, 1, 5-22.
- British Columbia Institute of Technology Learning and Teaching Centre. (2010). Writing learning outcomes. Retrieved from https://www.bcit.ca/files/ltc/pdf/ja_learningoutcomes.pdf
- CAST, Inc. (2017). About universal design for learning. Retrieved from http://www.cast.org/our-work/about-udl.html#.WQeSeYnyuT9
- Dolmage, J. (2005). Disability studies pedagogy, usability and Universal Design. Disability Studies Quarterly, 25(4). Retrieved from http://dsq-sds.org/article/view/627/804
- Elton, L. (2010). Academic writing and tacit knowledge. Teaching in Higher Education, 15(2), 151-160.
- Goff, L. (n.d.). Outcomes-based education [Webinar]. Ontario Universities Council on Quality Assurance. Retrieved from http://cll.mcmaster.ca/articulate/COU/Outcomes%20Based%20Education
- Horsman, J. (2000). Too scared to learn: Women, violence, and education. Mahwah, N.J.: L. Erlbaum Associates Publishers.
- Human Rights Code, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.19. Retrieved from the Government of Ontario’s e-Law website https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/90h19
- Larkin, H., & Richardson, B. (2013). Creating high challenge/high support academic environments through constructive alignment: Student outcomes. Teaching in Higher Education, 18(2), 192-204. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13562517.2012.696541
- Lillis, T. M. (2001). Student writing: Access, regulation, desire. London ; New York: Routledge.
- Meyer, A., Rose, D., & Gordon, D. (2014). Universal design for learning: Theory and practice. Wakefield, MA: CAST, Inc.
- The Center for Universal Design. (2008). Universal design history. Retrieved from https://www.ncsu.edu/ncsu/design/cud/about_ud/udhistory.htm
- Torrisi-Steele, G. (2011). This thing called blended learning — A definition and planning approach. In K. Krause, M. Buckridge, C. Grimmer, & S. Purbrick-Illek (Eds.), Research and development in higher education: Reshaping higher education, 34, 360 – 371.
- University of Guelph. (2016). Universal instructional design. Open Learning and Educational Support. Retrieved from http://opened.uoguelph.ca/student-resources/universal-instructional-design
- Weimer, M. (2012, July 26). 10 ways to promote student engagement. Faculty Focus: Higher Ed Teaching Strategies from Magna Publications. Retrieved from https://www.facultyfocus.com/articles/effective-teaching-strategies/10-ways-to-promote-student-engagement/